SPQR - The Senate and the Roman People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army--------------

3 posters

Go down

Army-------------- Empty Army--------------

Post  Bellini Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 am

never never keep your army in your village when you are not on-line...you can be visited by our enemies...

http://s1.travian.com/berichte.php?id=2107456
Bellini
Bellini

Back to top Go down

Army-------------- Empty Re: Army--------------

Post  Condors55 Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:01 am

That depends very much on the size of your army, but generally speaking you are right.

Since we started on this server I had a helluva time trying to keep my guys on the move & alive. Actually things improved a bit after I joined the ailliance. Somehow the membership of an alliance scares some potential attackers.....

Condors55

Back to top Go down

Post  Bellini Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:27 am

Condors55 wrote:That depends very much on the size of your army, but generally speaking you are right.

THIS WILL NEVER DEPEND ON THE SIZE OF YOUR ARMY...if you have offensive troops...send them away...

try to simulate this:
- attacker: 10 clubies
- deffender: 50 clubies

You will see the effect...and it is not good for you!
Bellini
Bellini

Back to top Go down

Post  Condors55 Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:49 am

Like I said, generally speaking I agree....but NEVER is just untrue. It is pretty easy to think of several scenarios in which it is not necessary, maybe even unwise, to send out your offensive troops away just for the sake of sending them away.

Here's one:
You are a big player, so there is no threat of an immediate attack on your troops. You have visited all your farms for the day. Visiting them again doens't make any sense. Now you have the choice to keep 'em at home, with a 99% chance that nothing will happen or you send them out to an unscouted ville that looks innocent but which happens to be heavily reinforced. You'll wish you kept your guys at home.....

Unlikely scenario, you say? Happened today on the Dutch server 1. I sent my guys out. And this was even a scouted ville! But during the 3 hours it took me to get there the defense became 3 times its original size. affraid I lost all my guys (so did my enemy btw cheers ) and in the end my buddies analiated the ville, but here's just 1 example that you can not say it's NEVER a good idea to keep ém at home.

That being said, generally speaking I still agree.....
Laughing

Condors55

Back to top Go down

Post  forba Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:58 pm

It is better to start clean up your small map once you got troops on the 3rd day where noob protection expire and try to get more troops for next 24 hrs again.If you think your small map is harmless then go for 12*12 till you hit 21*21.From doing this no one will have a troop(or proper amount of troops) to do the raiding and you will enjoy being a king of your map.

forba

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down