SPQR - The Senate and the Roman People
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

security issues

+5
sezor
ThePredator
forba
MingMing
DEVILazas
9 posters

Go down

security issues Empty security issues

Post  DEVILazas Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:53 pm

Why i can read many topics without logging in?
Why registration is fully automatic? Anyone can get there.

DEVILazas

Back to top Go down

security issues Empty Re: security issues

Post  MingMing Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:39 pm

Hmm, good question to our leaders.
It should be like if your game name is in the list of the alliance, then you will only be able to register.
But I don't know much about how to do it, so I will not give any advices.

MingMing

Back to top Go down

security issues Empty I do, have runned forums before

Post  DEVILazas Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:21 am

1. Topics except one for the Foreign Relationships should be hidden from anonymous users (now they are read only)
2. Registration must be confirmed by administrator, when she/he ensures that it is right person (game name?).

DEVILazas

Back to top Go down

Post  forba Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:41 am

Non-register user should only be able to read and post in a thread call "application" where they cant drop their detail to apply to us.The rest need to be strictly private and read able after login. Smile

forba

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePredator Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:33 am

we`ll do it safe .don`t worry pirat
ThePredator
ThePredator

Back to top Go down

security issues Empty another suggestion

Post  sezor Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:26 am

hi everyone, my suggestion is about our alliance's name... u do not have to take it serious but i think it is an mportant issue.. i mean that, SPQR doesnt seem to be a universal name. at least when i look at this name i can not feel myself attached to this name... if we wanna create a universal and worldwide alliance, i think our name should be so and should fit everyone in the alliance. u no, we had an arguement aboout religion and culture in the former forum and i suggest u to find a non-national, a-politic, and non-religious name... pls do not think that this name displeases me or ofends me... i only think that a neutral and worldwide name would be more suitable...

Thanx for ur interest..
sezor
sezor

Back to top Go down

Post  sezor Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:29 am

and want to add these verses of Mevlana Rumi again :Smile)
Come, Come, Whoever You Are

Wonderer, worshipper, lover of leaving.
It doesn't matter.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vow

a thousand times
Come, yet again, come, come.

cheers
sezor
sezor

Back to top Go down

security issues Empty Check this.....

Post  6.Panzer-Armee Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:41 am

Others ar using our S.P.Q.R. name too....check this guy:

eyeles (12|-50)
Tribe: Teutons
Alliance: S.P.Q.R
Owner: eyeles
Population: 84
Troops:
There is no
information available
6.Panzer-Armee
6.Panzer-Armee

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePredator Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:51 am

this isn`t our name .they are our wing Wink
ThePredator
ThePredator

Back to top Go down

security issues Empty :)

Post  6.Panzer-Armee Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:08 am

Okky mein General
6.Panzer-Armee
6.Panzer-Armee

Back to top Go down

Post  Ripper Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:16 am

yeah well the names are confusing ... i think we should lose some wings so others become stronger ... no use having an army of 60-70 pop members at this point ... at this point there should be like 2 max 3 wings of SPQR in each quadrant and later on when positions of players become definite we should consider expanding to more wings by annexing other small ( but capable ) alliances or players from such alliances.I really think recruitment should be done more harshly, players having to perform some tasks or fulfill some goals before being accepted to the alliance.For alliance names i think the game Rome-Total war had a good idea ... like in the s-e where we are the most numerous and most powerful we should keep the main alliance name SPQR and the rest named as the main families that founded rome ... a Julii, a Brutii and a Scipii alliance all led by the SPQR alliance ...this is just my opinion though ...
Ripper
Ripper

Back to top Go down

Post  Insanity Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 am

Someone secure this forum <_<

Insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Galadriel Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:42 pm

Ripper wrote:yeah well the names are confusing ... i think we should lose some wings so others become stronger ... no use having an army of 60-70 pop members at this point ... at this point there should be like 2 max 3 wings of SPQR in each quadrant and later on when positions of players become definite we should consider expanding to more wings by annexing other small ( but capable ) alliances or players from such alliances.I really think recruitment should be done more harshly, players having to perform some tasks or fulfill some goals before being accepted to the alliance.For alliance names i think the game Rome-Total war had a good idea ... like in the s-e where we are the most numerous and most powerful we should keep the main alliance name SPQR and the rest named as the main families that founded rome ... a Julii, a Brutii and a Scipii alliance all led by the SPQR alliance ...this is just my opinion though ...

I agree. Don't have any good suggestions but would like to have something that sticks in heart and head a bit better. Certainly isn't a deal breaker for me though.
Galadriel
Galadriel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum